The New Mexico Board of Licensure for
Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors
“The Act providing for the creation of the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors and the registration of professional engineers and land surveyors was passed by the State Legislature of New Mexico at the 1935 session, was approved by Governor Clyde Tingley on February 21, 1935, and became effective May 22, 1935.
The first members of the Board were appointed by the Governor on May 31, 1935, and were as follows: J.H. Dorroh, Sr., of Albuquerque, Daniel B. Jett, of State College, G.H. Palmes, of Raton, J.A. Weir of Socorro, and Thomas M. McClure, of Santa Fe, who in accordance with the law is ex-officio secretary and member of the Board during his tenure of office as State Engineer.
The Board held its first meeting in Santa Fe on June 4, 1935 and was organized by the election of officers and the appointment of committees.
No registrations were made during the fiscal year ending June 30, 1935. 302 registrations were made during the fiscal year ending June 30, 1936.”
(Second Annual Report of the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, For the year ending June 30, 1936)